LARGE SIZE PRODUCTION UNIT Designed and Manufactured by CATRA
Suitable for use by:
- Small Food Processors
- Small Knife Makers
|Approx Prices excluding Shipping||Please contact CATRA for the latest prices. Some used machines often available|
|Grinding wheel diameter||200 mm|
|Grinding wheel width||5 mm|
|Maximum practical blade size||850mm long x 200mm wide|
|Overall Size||1000 x 700 x 500 mm|
|Power||0.75 kW with variable speed options|
|Voltage||3ph 380/440V or single phase 220V|
|*Oil coolant/ lubrication system optional, only required for extremely arduous duties
Stainless steel version available
Can be fitted with direct angle readout or hand held goniometer
|Typical sharpness measurements from this machine|
- Requires only semi-skilled labour with minimal training
- Consistent, but adjustable knife edge angle between 20° and 60°
- The double spiral interlock grinding wheel sharpening system is used in the machine, which is designed for sharpening in either the knife manufacturing plants or high volume re-sharpening units.
- This system, coupled with the high tech abrasive Cubic Boron Nitride (CBN) gives the machine many advantages.
- Use of CBN abrasive avoids the need for both a grinding and honing operation
- Low heat generation, which does not need coolant, making a more comfortable operational environment.
- Easy to maintain as the grinding wheels do not need redressing or regular adjustment
- Safe operation – grinding wheels do not break as they are of coated steel construction, low noise level
- Higher grinding speeds means fast operation without edge burning. No loss of blade hardness at the tip of the cutting edge, thereby maintaining high edge life.
- Recoatable grinding wheels keep costs low
- A range of abrasive grit sizes are available to suit different knife uses
- Dual operation allows both sharpener and hollow grinder in one machine
- Can sharpen a wide range of curved and straight machine blades with either single or double bevel edges
In the knife re-sharpening environment, the equipment can easily be adjusted to provide a hollow grinding process for well used blades where the edge has become too thick. Adjustment between sharpening and hollow grinding takes less than 10 seconds and a typical hollow grind time is less than 2 minutes.
|Knife Type||Edge Thickness||Pieces/Hour||Approximate Wheel Life Between Coatings||Approximate Consumable Grinding Wheel Re-coat Cost/blade*|
1.6p ( 3.2c)
1.9p ( 3.8c)
NOTE: Re-sharpening rates are up to twice the above pieces/hour.