Our Largest Production Unit,
for Industrial Use
CATRA do not currently manufacture this product. However, if after reading the below information and believe that such a product is ideal for your purposes, contact us and we’ll see what we can do for you…
- Consistent, but adjustable knife edge angle between 20° and 60°.
- The double spiral interlock grinding wheel sharpening system is used in the machine, which is designed for sharpening in either the knife manufacturing plants or high volume re-sharpening units.
- This system, coupled with the high tech abrasive Cubic Boron Nitride (CBN) gives the machine many advantages.
- Use of CBN abrasive avoids the need for both a grinding and honing operation.
- Low heat generation, which does not need coolant, making a more comfortable operational environment.
- Easy to maintain as the grinding wheels do not need redressing or regular adjustment.
- Safe operation – grinding wheels do not break as they are of coated steel construction, low noise level.
- Higher grinding speeds means fast operation without edge burning. No loss of blade hardness at the tip of the cutting edge, thereby maintaining high edge life.
- Grinding wheels can be recoated, keeping costs low.
- A range of abrasive grit sizes are available to suit different knife uses.
- Dual operation allows both sharpener and hollow grinder in one machine.
- Can sharpen a wide range of curved and straight machine blades with either single or double bevel edges.
In the knife re-sharpening environment, the equipment can easily be adjusted to provide a hollow grinding process for well used blades where the edge has become too thick. Adjustment between sharpening and hollow grinding takes less than 10 seconds and a typical hollow grind time is less than 2 minutes.
|Knife Type||Edge Thickness||Pieces/Hour||Approximate Wheel Life Between Coatings||Approximate Consumable Grinding Wheel Re-coat Cost/blade|
|Sharpened Angle||Adjustable from 20° to 60°|
|Grinding Wheel Diameter||200 mm|
|Motor||0.75 kW with variable speed options: 3ph 380/440V or single phase 220V|
|Size||1000 x 700 x 500 mm|
|Maximum Blade Size||850mm long x 200mm wide|