Hobby laser goniometer ” HOBBIGONI” for sharpened angle measurement
KNIFE BLADES – MACHINE KNIVES – SCISSORS -SHEARS- CRAFT BLADES – FOLDING & HUNTING KNIVES – SPORTING BLADES- INDUSTRIAL BLADES
- provides a quick and simple method of measuring blade angles and monitoring the cutting edge condition
- battery powered for use anywhere (e.g.: factory floor or point of sale or knife show)
- single bevel and double edged components accommodated equally well
- suitable for use with taper ground or flat strip blades
- safe 1 mw laser power ( similar to laser pointers)
- measures the sharpened angles to an accuracy of ±2°
- uses the same technology as CATRA’s commercial goniometers
CATRA now offers this very lightweight, low cost, easily used, hand held laser goniometer to measure the included sharpened angles of all types of knife blades.
This useful and unique tool now gives you the opportunity to see the actual edge measurement and remove the guess work from sharpening or assessing someone else’s sharpening.
The device operates by reflecting a low powered laser beam from the facets of a cutting edge on to a graduated scale. This unit incorporating a circular scale of 90mm(3.5″) diameter is suitable for obtaining a rapid determination of the edge angle in all situations where the level of ambient light is low. Its lightweight and compact size makes it ideal for carrying around in the briefcase or car for use in various field locations such as knife shows. A complete instruction sheet also explains how to use the device to examine the condition of sharpened edges.
Please note, that as this unit has a 1mw laser source it is best used in dimly lit conditions for maximum clarity. Some people have made their own, but the scale accuracy is difficult to achieve, so their device ends up giving them the wrong angle.
A larger laboratory bench model and a more robust portable model are also available.
CATRA also offers independent and confidential testing services using the commercial versions of the device.
Available direct from the manufacturers or our agents.