For sharpened angle measurement of KNIFE BLADES – RAZOR BLADES – MACHINE KNIVES – SCISSORS – SHEARS – CRAFT BLADES – CIRCULAR BLADES – SURGICAL SCALPEL BLADES – KITCHEN KNIVES…and many others.
|Prices + Shipping||NEW LOWER PRICE Contact CATRA for details|
|Specifications||Power Source – 220V or 110V
- for high accuracy sharpened angle measurement of knives, blades & other cutting edges
- also gives indication of edge radius on blade edge that have been polished or honed
- simple to use and interpret
- suitable for use with tapered, flat strip and forged blades with plain or serrated edges
- provides an indicator for setting-up production machinery
- ideal for use in quality control systems
- single bevel and double edged components accommodated equally well
- accuracy to within ±½° (greater with an experienced operator)
- calibrated to ½°
- single phase power supply 220V or 110V (please specify)
Two blade holders co- mounted on a cross slide are supplied as standard
- Fixture with centralizing rollers for blades which have tapered sides, e.g. ground kitchen blades and forged cooks knives.
- Magnetic flat plate fixture for razor blades, scalpel blades and all types of knives made from flat material, including hollow ground knives.
Specially modified versions are available to order for large width blades up to 300mm wide
The Laser Goniometer is used to measure the sharpened bevel angles of knives and other types of cutting edge components by reflection of a low powered laser beam from the facets of the cutting edge. Single facets, multi- facets and polished/ honed edge extent of tip radius can be measured.
It provides a rapid determination of an edge angle and condition including damage and tip radii making it suitable for use in production or laboratory environments.
With experience the reflected image from the blade can be interpreted to give useful detailed information about the surface condition, method of manufacture and the cutting performance. A comprehensive manual is supplied, giving instructions on how to set-up the device and interpret the cutting edge geometry images obtained.
Automatic digital readout, computer based versions are available to clients requirements.
Available direct from the manufacturers or our agents
We can also carryout independent testing for you using this instrument see services section