Utilising this test equipment, test labs and manufacturers can very quickly assess the resistance and suitability of products to be washed in a propriety dishwashing machine.
Dishwashers have become a major labour saving device in the modern kitchen, many items such as cutlery, crockery and glass can be severely affected by the automated dishwashing process. It is essential therefore that manufacturers and retailers of products requiring washing are fully aware of the risks. This machine can very quickly evaluate the risks of corrosion, loss of gloss, cloudiness, marking and many other points of failure. The device is suitable for testing all items that are normally placed in a dishwashing machine, such as cutlery, kitchen knives, kitchen gadgets, cookware, glassware, glasses, pottery, ceramics, plates, cups etc., including many plastic items.
This dishwashing machine is designed by CATRA to meet the requirements of the European Standard EN 12875-1 and has the following features:
- Fully programmable control system with visual operator interface. This feature controls all aspects of the programme including times, temperatures, door opening and detergent/rinse aid dosing.
- Programmable control panel allows the operator to modify existing programmes and to write new ones.
- Fully automatic powder detergent/rinse aid dosing (automatic dosing of liquid detergent, tablets or sachets can be supplied, although this type of detergent does not comply with the standard, but is more often used than powders by consumers).
- Fan-assisted drying to speed up the operating cycle.
- Electrical outputs to external water supply to control incoming water temperatures.
(The external water supply system is not included in this quotation but to fully comply with the standard an incoming water supply tank with heater to control infeed water temperature and pressuring pump may be required).
- Two sets of internal racks are provided.
- The machines are fully programmed, calibrated and tested before leaving CATRA.
- A full instruction manual is provided.
- The equipment can be specified to run on any electrical supply.
Typically one complete test is carried out in approximately 85 minutes including a full drying cycle. As the machine is totally automatic it can carry on running unattended for up to 48 hours in which time over 30 wash cycles will have been completed.
The basic machine is fitted with a cationic water softener, but dependent on actual local water supply where the machine is to be situated, it may be necessary to install an additional external water softener to meet the standard requirements.
|Size||500mm x 500mm x 500mm|
|Construction||All stainless steel|
CATRA offers independent testing services using this machine. See Dishwater Testing for more details.